Tuesday 17 December 2019

Assignment 2 pt 2

Assignment 2
Youtube

I personally have a bit of experience with editing videos so when I saw that one of the tasks was to mimic a YouTubers style I wanted to give it a go so I decided I was going to impersonate my 2 favorite youtubers. Sam kolder and Casey Neistat . Not only do I enjoy watch both of these creators but they are both well know for their distinct style of production and editing so when it came to making the videos I was weary of the types of shots that were gonna be needed to match their editing style. The first video I made was a quick montage of myself cleaning to a bit of music. When I was shooting this video I knew it was supposed to be like Casey neistats so I intentionally recorded the clips at 24fps knowing I wasent going to be slowing anything down because Casey’s videos are all quick cuts showing him carrying out daily actions.

The second video was based on Sam molders type of videos which are a lot more cinematic b roll kind of films. I knew it was probably going to be hard so I used quite a few clips I had already filmed on my camera prior to the distribution of the assignment. A lot of the clips I used we filmed at 60fps and slowed down to 50%-75% speed. We did this because it’s easier to make things look cinematic when the clips been slowed down it takes a lot of distraction and sharp movements away from the video.

So after we put these 2 videos together we realized they couldn’t actually be published on YouTube because the song had a copyright problem so unfortunately we weren’t able to upload them. Then for the final part we made 2 slides to go alongside each of the videos before bringing them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignment 2 pt 3

Evaluation assignment 2 Youtube We were pretty happy with the overall presentation of the assignment I will leave the PowerPoint linked b...